i'm happy
I remember someone once told me that it was better not to be such happy creatures so that when confronted with pain, it will be less visceral and we may manage to keep it at bay because we have personally inflicted ourselves with it for so long. I can't disagree more. Too many people perceive depression to be an act of beauty, of depraved humanity somehow, when it is the worst state of living to be caught in.
I believe in happiness, but happiness is aqcuired and accrued in moments. In rainy nights, soft shell crab, a phone call and quiet Cafe Galilee afternoons with a cookies & cream milkshake. I'm happy when i find a new song i like, happy just after a haircut, happy when i'm by the sea looking at the stars, happy when i'm in love, happiest when i feel secure in His unassailable grace.
I believe in happiness, but happiness is aqcuired and accrued in moments. In rainy nights, soft shell crab, a phone call and quiet Cafe Galilee afternoons with a cookies & cream milkshake. I'm happy when i find a new song i like, happy just after a haircut, happy when i'm by the sea looking at the stars, happy when i'm in love, happiest when i feel secure in His unassailable grace.