friend or foe
I remember i was watching this movie based in medieval times. A stranger knocks. The sentry at the gate asks:
"Halt! Who goes there? Friend or foe?"
I really cannot believe such a question has been asked by a guard anywhere in the world! I mean, what is the enemy going to say?
"Oh! It is alright. You can go ahead and shoot me. I'm a foe."
Ha.
Sometimes, people don't just say the silliest things, we guard against the most unlikely and irrelevant threats. We live in fear of imaginary problems while walking blindly towards genuine dangers.
"Halt! Who goes there? Friend or foe?"
I really cannot believe such a question has been asked by a guard anywhere in the world! I mean, what is the enemy going to say?
"Oh! It is alright. You can go ahead and shoot me. I'm a foe."
Ha.
Sometimes, people don't just say the silliest things, we guard against the most unlikely and irrelevant threats. We live in fear of imaginary problems while walking blindly towards genuine dangers.