3 words
Telling a friend, "i love you," is a big deal for me. I don't love all of my friends. It is a powerful expression for me - the depth, the magnitude, the extent.
How do you know when it's love between friends? I try to imagine how i'd feel if something terrible happened to them. How much of a loss would i feel? I'm not afraid that they won't know how to respond. Or if they reject it. It's not about vulnerability. I'm not an "i love you" abuser. I don't throw it out there at the end of phone calls or squeeze it into a 160 letter SMS just because it's convenient. I mean it.
For me, it's a fear they won't know their worth to me. It's why i say it. Sometimes it's, "i love you, you're just like i am." It seems narcissistic of me, but it's a reason i love some of my friends.
How do you know when it's love between friends? I try to imagine how i'd feel if something terrible happened to them. How much of a loss would i feel? I'm not afraid that they won't know how to respond. Or if they reject it. It's not about vulnerability. I'm not an "i love you" abuser. I don't throw it out there at the end of phone calls or squeeze it into a 160 letter SMS just because it's convenient. I mean it.
For me, it's a fear they won't know their worth to me. It's why i say it. Sometimes it's, "i love you, you're just like i am." It seems narcissistic of me, but it's a reason i love some of my friends.