fly
It amazes me how something so delicate can have the power of flight. I wanna fly. Why can't i fly? Why didn't God give me colorful, gossamer wings? Okay, so in order to fly, i have to be brittle. Did you know the reason why sometimes you could hold a beautiful butterfly in your hands long enough to take several photographs was probably because its short life was nearly over. They don't live that long. Would I trade long life for flight? Is that what's required?
In reality, very few creatures that can fly live very long. A few of the larger birds do: some parrots, eagles, hawks, and such. But there's still the issue of fragility. A bird can fly because its bones are hollow, not because it has some great power. Butterflies fly because they are light and brittle.
Superman could fly though. That's the kind of flight I want. To be full of strength and invulnerability and still leap into the air and fly around. But Superman is fiction. And it seems even Superman's life can be too short. I think i'll be satisfied to keep my feet firmly planted.
In reality, very few creatures that can fly live very long. A few of the larger birds do: some parrots, eagles, hawks, and such. But there's still the issue of fragility. A bird can fly because its bones are hollow, not because it has some great power. Butterflies fly because they are light and brittle.
Superman could fly though. That's the kind of flight I want. To be full of strength and invulnerability and still leap into the air and fly around. But Superman is fiction. And it seems even Superman's life can be too short. I think i'll be satisfied to keep my feet firmly planted.