<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8494642?origin\x3dhttps://casualpotpourri.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

a potpourri of sense and feminine lunacy

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

my choice

Choices abound in life. Every option with the potential to change your life. And they can't be un-chosen. They're gone...just like youth. Life, it seems is an endless series of 4-way stops. You look left, look right, and pull out past the stop sign into the intersection, praying you didn't miss a big truck running his stop sign.

I don't think it's the choices we make so much as it is the ones we still have left to make that vex me. I can deal with what's behind. It's over and done. I think I may have developed a "get over it" reflex in having moved so many times. I never had time to cry over the proverbial milk. There was always another gallon of milk somewhere. No. It's the choices left to make that stifle me, turn me to stone. There are just so many good choices. And if you can't chose one, you've chosen none by default, haven't you? It's the intersection again. I'm stuck at the stop sign.

All these choices, i pretend that they don't exist but there they are, like uninvited guests waiting impatiently at the bottom of the stairway for me.