battered
Even if there's a watchdog looking out for someone very dear to you who will hurt you, they will still manage to slip by.
It's this kind of stab in the back that cuts through every sinew of your heart, even when you think you are well prepared for it. Because nobody can prepare themselves enough for that. No armour can shield you from it. I'm not made of steel or stone, but i will try to turn my face the other way from all that is hurting me.
And i will forgive because forgiveness will set me free. I will accept my Dad for who he is because i had once hurt him many times before too.
It's this kind of stab in the back that cuts through every sinew of your heart, even when you think you are well prepared for it. Because nobody can prepare themselves enough for that. No armour can shield you from it. I'm not made of steel or stone, but i will try to turn my face the other way from all that is hurting me.
And i will forgive because forgiveness will set me free. I will accept my Dad for who he is because i had once hurt him many times before too.
Labels: introspection