i write
I write to create fabric in a world that often appears black and white.
I write to listen. I write out of silence. I write to soothe the voices shouting inside me, outside me, all around me.
I write because it is dangerous, a bloody risk, like love, to form the words, to say the words, to touch the source, to be touched, to reveal how vulnerable we are.
Words are always a gamble, words are splinters from cut glass.
I write knowing I can be killed by own words, stabbed by syntax, crucified by understanding and misunderstanding.
I write to listen. I write out of silence. I write to soothe the voices shouting inside me, outside me, all around me.
I write because it is dangerous, a bloody risk, like love, to form the words, to say the words, to touch the source, to be touched, to reveal how vulnerable we are.
Words are always a gamble, words are splinters from cut glass.
I write knowing I can be killed by own words, stabbed by syntax, crucified by understanding and misunderstanding.
Terry Tempest Williams
Labels: white noise