new year's day
I took a cab home from Punggol at 6am. Year-end service at church was much blessed by God but to me, it was still...bittersweet.
I reached home at 6:45am.
I showered with my eyes closed and i wasn't sure if i put on my nightdress in the right side. Ah, who cares. Nobody except Sonno sees anyway.
I fell into bed at 7:45am. Before i pulled the blankets over my head, i sent a sms to J, warning him not to call me before 12pm. Or else... I'm too exhausted to think of an appropriate punishment.
I woke up at 1:30am to read a few Happy New Year smses, a sms about how "love is impractical" by Vic, a sms about "rowing the boat to Jesus" from Andrew and another sms from my Mum asking me to wake up. And of course i went back to sleep.
I woke up at 2:30pm.
I gave thanks to God for a brand new year in a short prayer and read Isaiah 43 again for an afternoon Quiet Time.
I played a round of dota. I randomed and got Lina the Slayer. In the whole game, i didn't get beyond a dominating streak before i was killed unceremoniously by anAnti-Mage. STUPID MANA VOID We took down the throne after an hour. Yay.
I showered again with my eyes open this time. I wrapped a towel around my hair and tried to speak in an Indian accent. I failed miserably. By the way Sisters, if you want nice-smelling, glowing skin with the shimmery effect for the princessy look, you gotta get The Body Shop's Cranberry Shimmer Lotion. Delicious.
At 5:45pm on the dot, Mr Punctuality arrived. We went to Fish & Co's @ Glasshouse and ordered the best dish on the menu - seafood platter for one. Service and food was impeccable. Halfway through dinner and conversation, J gestured at my arm with his spoon.
"Hey your skin has like glitter on it."
"Yeah! Is it nice?"
"It reminds me of my grandma. She had put that stuff on her face yesterday too."
I decided that the best response would be a dignified silence and lotsa stabbing at french fries with my fork. We went to Bugis Street after that. We found the bag that i had been pining for the past month. Yay.
We walked around Bugis Junction somemore. J saw this really tall lady in a red top and mini-skirt outside a shop selling soft toys and other girly stuff.
"Hey look, that woman is so big-sized."
"Where? Where?"
The moment i saw her, 'she' turned around and i almost fell down.
"Eee don't walk there! I don't want to see him." J grimaces.
We returned to the carpark 45 minutes later. J found some bird poo poo on his white car. Happy new year ah! I chatted with David over the phone as we were cruising back to my place. Suddenly J let out one of his typical horribly loud sneezes which practically shook the inside of the car.
"Err, are you okay?" David asked after a moment of stunned silence.
"Don't worry..i'm fine," i tried not to laugh.
The day ended with me waving down from my kitchen window. As J drove away, i stood at the window, smiling.
I showered for the 3rd time today. I shower with the lights off at night. I have no idea why i'm not afraid. The night is chilly. I wore a pink nightdress, extra pants and socks. I painted my nails as i watched 3 episodes of The Simpsons.
That was my New Year's day.
I reached home at 6:45am.
I showered with my eyes closed and i wasn't sure if i put on my nightdress in the right side. Ah, who cares. Nobody except Sonno sees anyway.
I fell into bed at 7:45am. Before i pulled the blankets over my head, i sent a sms to J, warning him not to call me before 12pm. Or else... I'm too exhausted to think of an appropriate punishment.
I woke up at 1:30am to read a few Happy New Year smses, a sms about how "love is impractical" by Vic, a sms about "rowing the boat to Jesus" from Andrew and another sms from my Mum asking me to wake up. And of course i went back to sleep.
I woke up at 2:30pm.
I gave thanks to God for a brand new year in a short prayer and read Isaiah 43 again for an afternoon Quiet Time.
I played a round of dota. I randomed and got Lina the Slayer. In the whole game, i didn't get beyond a dominating streak before i was killed unceremoniously by anAnti-Mage. STUPID MANA VOID We took down the throne after an hour. Yay.
I showered again with my eyes open this time. I wrapped a towel around my hair and tried to speak in an Indian accent. I failed miserably. By the way Sisters, if you want nice-smelling, glowing skin with the shimmery effect for the princessy look, you gotta get The Body Shop's Cranberry Shimmer Lotion. Delicious.
At 5:45pm on the dot, Mr Punctuality arrived. We went to Fish & Co's @ Glasshouse and ordered the best dish on the menu - seafood platter for one. Service and food was impeccable. Halfway through dinner and conversation, J gestured at my arm with his spoon.
"Hey your skin has like glitter on it."
"Yeah! Is it nice?"
"It reminds me of my grandma. She had put that stuff on her face yesterday too."
I decided that the best response would be a dignified silence and lotsa stabbing at french fries with my fork. We went to Bugis Street after that. We found the bag that i had been pining for the past month. Yay.
We walked around Bugis Junction somemore. J saw this really tall lady in a red top and mini-skirt outside a shop selling soft toys and other girly stuff.
"Hey look, that woman is so big-sized."
"Where? Where?"
The moment i saw her, 'she' turned around and i almost fell down.
"Eee don't walk there! I don't want to see him." J grimaces.
We returned to the carpark 45 minutes later. J found some bird poo poo on his white car. Happy new year ah! I chatted with David over the phone as we were cruising back to my place. Suddenly J let out one of his typical horribly loud sneezes which practically shook the inside of the car.
"Err, are you okay?" David asked after a moment of stunned silence.
"Don't worry..i'm fine," i tried not to laugh.
The day ended with me waving down from my kitchen window. As J drove away, i stood at the window, smiling.
I showered for the 3rd time today. I shower with the lights off at night. I have no idea why i'm not afraid. The night is chilly. I wore a pink nightdress, extra pants and socks. I painted my nails as i watched 3 episodes of The Simpsons.
That was my New Year's day.
Labels: white noise