M
1. I'm 1.65m and i don't think i've ever been heavier than 44kg in my life. Yet.2. I don't wear glasses (but i'm intending to because Sera's look so funky). I like to swim and read - though not at the same time -- i have ugly toes, i stay in the western part of Singapore and live in hope.
3. I love to eat. I do gain weight, except that they go to all the wrong places. My main food obsessions are seafood tomyam ramen and sushi. Anyone who brings me to eat either of the two steals my heart. Not to worry, i have many hearts for you to steal. My name is Marilyn and i'm a simple-minded glutton.
4. I fantasize about being a talented photographer all the time. I love art photography of all kinds. Landscapes, waterscapes, architecture, abstract and surreal. I think the photographer is like the astronaut. One searches the sky for stars, the other searches his surroundings for reflections of memorable times to inscribe them in his visual memory and keep them registered on paper, on film. Everybody can take pictures, but to express oneself through light is a gift. Photography is an amazing language and i wish i am a master of it.
5. I got baptized in July '03 and i think it's one of the very few decisions i've never regretted making.
6. I had two rabbits by the names of Hansel and Gretel.
And i miss them still though i don't like to talk or even think about them. Mum gave them away after i was hospitalized and sometimes i still pray for them. They gnawed quite a number of my books when they were around; the jagged pages don't get on my nerves, they make me smile just like the scattered toys children leave behind on the floor when they go to bed.
7. I love the smell of rain, Marks and Spencer's lilac powder and new books. I smell all my books when i first get them. Discreetly of cos. Sniff sniff. My Mum thinks it'd do permanent damage to my nose but she thinks everything i do that she doesn't agree on does permanent damage to me anyway.
8.
I can't explain why i like Sade so much, it's just one of those gut feelings. I trust my feeling in my gut; it's squishy and warm. I try not to be judgemental but i think my heart aches physically when someone tells me that they don't like Sade.
9. I'd like to think i'm an extrovert but i don't have a habit of calling people up just to..chat. I think i stopped doing that when i was 13. So if i ever make that "hi just want to find out how you are doing" call, just know that it doesn't come naturally to me and you are one of the select few.
10. I want to love a disappointer. He has to be able to disappoint me, has to know how to disappoint his mother, knows how to quit a job and tell people things they don't want to hear. I want to love someone who doesn't play games, who knows who he is and what he wants. I want someone who makes me laugh; i want a gentle and forgiving soul, not some tarzan who passive agressives all over the place.
Labels: introspection
