forgetting to forget
I miss you, i want to say, more out of yearning than habit. I wonder if it will be met with awkward silence. In which one is allowed to demand reciprocation. Or interpret. Or draw conclusions. I choose to let them stay in for a while, the words dancing in my mind like a firefly around a light. Watching as its wings set on fire and then dying with a soundless cry.
Tonight i made the mistake of listening repeatedly to a song that Vic had shared with me yesterday, she said that i'd appreciate it. And i did. So much that it hurts. I'm a lyrics person; i cried a little when i was listening to the song. Sometimes i think it's just so difficult, but i remember that God will not put me through any more than i can bear and..i continue to try.
Tonight i made the mistake of listening repeatedly to a song that Vic had shared with me yesterday, she said that i'd appreciate it. And i did. So much that it hurts. I'm a lyrics person; i cried a little when i was listening to the song. Sometimes i think it's just so difficult, but i remember that God will not put me through any more than i can bear and..i continue to try.
The rain has failed to make me forget.
I paint a picture of the days gone by
When love went blind but you would make me see
I'd stare a lifetime into your eyes
So that I knew that you were there for me
Time after time you were there for me
We've had our share of hard times
But that's the price we paid
And through it all we kept the promise that we made
I swear you'll never be lonely
Remember yesterday, walking hand in hand?
Love letters in the sand - I remember you
Through the sleepless nights, to every endless day
I wanna hear you say I remember you
- skid row
Labels: introspection