man-made beauty
The funny thing was, why was i still surprised when i read it? I had found Dawn's blog since last year and i immediately knew that she had gone under the knife. We were mere acquaintances back in AC before she left for RJ. Still, i had remembered her.
I had this nightmare about 2 weeks ago. I was in an operating theatre and there was a plastic surgeon forcing me to undergo plastic surgery. *sobs* I remembered how i felt - terrified of the pain that might result, how my friends will look at me and think that i'm a loser for feeling so insecure about myself and yet tempted at the same time to look beautiful. I can say bye to my fat-hamster-cheeks, flat nose and small slitty eyes!
We are living in an intermediate era, where women are certainly made aware of body image to a degree and with a degree of detail that they never were before. It seems that there is always a new part of the body that is offered up for correction - and you never even know it has standards. Young women everywhere are looking for love, for acceptance. But while a body-enhancing makeover - like a fling - may temporarily do the trick, the long-term answer is never just skin-deep. I'm not talking about a simple surgery like making a cleft lip or a broken nose look bettter, but in Dawn's way - the complete extreme makeover. The pressure from society on looks is so great, more people are willing to undergo surgery if it means looking and feeling better. Cosmetic surgeries still fail to deal with why a person feels he or she does not live up to society's expectations and i think so many people have unrealistic, unhealthy expectations about what plastic surgery can do for them.
I mean, will you finally be a brand new and happy person just b'cos you look completely different and beautiful on the outside?
The price of made-to-order beauty can be much heavier than you had expected in the first place.
I had this nightmare about 2 weeks ago. I was in an operating theatre and there was a plastic surgeon forcing me to undergo plastic surgery. *sobs* I remembered how i felt - terrified of the pain that might result, how my friends will look at me and think that i'm a loser for feeling so insecure about myself and yet tempted at the same time to look beautiful. I can say bye to my fat-hamster-cheeks, flat nose and small slitty eyes!
We are living in an intermediate era, where women are certainly made aware of body image to a degree and with a degree of detail that they never were before. It seems that there is always a new part of the body that is offered up for correction - and you never even know it has standards. Young women everywhere are looking for love, for acceptance. But while a body-enhancing makeover - like a fling - may temporarily do the trick, the long-term answer is never just skin-deep. I'm not talking about a simple surgery like making a cleft lip or a broken nose look bettter, but in Dawn's way - the complete extreme makeover. The pressure from society on looks is so great, more people are willing to undergo surgery if it means looking and feeling better. Cosmetic surgeries still fail to deal with why a person feels he or she does not live up to society's expectations and i think so many people have unrealistic, unhealthy expectations about what plastic surgery can do for them.
I mean, will you finally be a brand new and happy person just b'cos you look completely different and beautiful on the outside?
The price of made-to-order beauty can be much heavier than you had expected in the first place.
Labels: life observations