<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8494642?origin\x3dhttps://casualpotpourri.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

a potpourri of sense and feminine lunacy

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

serendipity

I was on my way home on the train. I overslept and missed my stop. Dang. I sat there by myself as the train stopped at Boon Lay and waited for it to move. Then this girl sits one seat away from me, she looked at me and asked me what's the time for the last train. Around eleven thirty i think, i replied. She was really friendly and began asking me questions, do you work or are you still a student, where are you going?

She was an accountant who came from M'sia 4 years ago. I enjoyed talking to her, it was such a breath of fresh air, conversing with a stranger who takes a platonic interest in your life. When is the last time a stranger talked and smiled to you without having the intention to get into your pants or sell you something? I missed my stop again at Lakeside and had to pretend i was going somewhere else. She left at Jurong East, not without asking for my number. Amazing. I made a new friend just like this. I'm going to invite her to church very soon. Serendipity. An unexpected discovery of something valuable.

It's 11pm now and i feel like the only thing i need is just deep sleep. Sleep without having to wake up for nature's call or waking up for no reason. Yea, i'm irritated with myself when i do that. I have those funny little mute dreams where i'm walking and i slip and fall - i can feel that sudden whoosh i'm falling! sensation. I want to wake up the next day, refreshed and full of hope, feeling more in tune with myself and with God close to me. I want to sleep and wait for the day to rise up to meet me instead of me tripping over myself surging towards it.

I want a different pace - steady and reflective, like a stroll through a beach by myself. I close my eyes and i can smell the sea breeze, slightly cool and salty.

Labels: